Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #139
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Your selective quoting and empty arguments require a lot of energy from me at 4:30am to respond to, Matt.

I have stated, several times, that I appreciate everyone's opinions, and that they are all valid. You even quoted me saying so later on in your argument(I guess you copy-pasted wrong there). I simply would like to know if anyone besides IRE is against trying any our proposed ideas, and if their reasons are different than IRE's predictable ones. You say that we are a minority because most of TMS users don't argue in the forums(or in this thread). I say you are acting insanely to use that as an argument for your case, against mine, as your side of the argument has even fewer users(and they are from YOUR MUDs).

If we required a TMS majority to change something, things would never get changed - because the forum users here are a minority. Are you alienating us for having opinions that we express, while others do not? Do you realize you've placed yourself in the same minority group as us?

Do you realize that the relevance of my new poster comment was the insinuation that IRE players appear to be coming out of the woodworks to defend your side of the case, because nobody else seems eager to?

Do you realize you are arguing against being called "free-to-play, pay-for-perks", something which you obviously are? You can use whatever phraseology you want on your own website, but what the majority of users in THIS thread are asking for is a system for which TMS can easily show all players which MUDs fall into which business category. This is, obviously, an important change wanted by -many- players.

You're defending your company with as many teeth as you possibly can, Matt, but I'm not after your company in particular. I'm defending Valg's original suggestion to support an idea that is right for players who come through here looking for a certain kind of game. I've stated before(though you didn't quote that post, I suppose it was too objective for you to argue with) that it would take an hour or two at most to come up with a half-dozen or so terms to describe every business model out there for text MUDs. If an issue arose, it could be dealt with at that time, but it would really be very simple.

Anyone in this forum can see that you are only arguing to defend your game, Matt. If you really wanted to treat your potential players with respect, you wouldn't fight a resource site listing it as "free-to-play, pay-for-perks", because that is knowledge that should be given upfront to a player by the resource site.

I've still yet to see a) responses to my direct solution post, b) more than one response from either Syno or a non-IRE player/admin. So far, I've mostly seen c) flame-wars and d) Matt selectively quoting and condescending other players and MUDs.

Are we e) wasting our time, because Syno isn't going to make a change due to Matt's earlier threats of not sending as much traffic to TMS?

Let's try to deal with (A), (B), and (E) - they are things that interest me, and may produce positive results for the community. © and (D), we've had enough of.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote