View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

Wait, what?

The OP sounded like someone who would like a WoD Changeling MUSH game -- fae folk running around, doing fae things in a tight community of RPers -- which is why I recommended that. Sure, it's normally a little self-indulgent but that comes with the territory. And normally MUSHes use consent or a liberal perma-death policy.

I don't think the OP wants to be chaotic in a mud's setting -- they want precisely the setting they're describing, or at least a setting that includes this sub-setting.

By 'know the areas' I think the OP refers precisely to the GoP ethos of running an area for XP and loot, or at least the speedwalking mentality.

In short the OP sounds to me like a RPer through and through, and it's kind of funny to see this RPI backlash. It never fails to amaze me that people have this definition of RP that they think is the one-and-only.

edit: And autoquests? How does someone read that into the OP?

edit+: and uber multi-class?

Look, I actually have a point here. I've long wanted to play a druid assasin on a mud. Very few muds would support this kind of role. This doesn't mean I want to be an 'uber' anything. My stats could be level one across the board for all I care. All I would want is support of the concept. I don't see where the OP is saying they want to be the best. Only that they want support of the concept they have in their head. In fact I see the OP has a highly collaborative RPer.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote