View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #26
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

Everyone says that their MUD is the best game EVAR, and that they can't leave for another because no game gives them what their game does. This is because they've already settled into their own game, formed their RP alliances, got all the gear and experience to change into what race/class they want, and they know everyone already. The only thing which separates Dragonrealms from the other MUDs is that people are paying real money for what can be had for free elsewhere. Hundreds of players log on to Dragonrealms? Bully for you. There's hundreds in Aardwolf and I bet Dentin still gets at least 100 in his game on a regular basis.

I admit that I'm probably the most fickle MUDder out there. My interests change frequently, or I get bored, or there's something in particular that I want to try, or I like a game only enough to want to log in and play once in a while. When I see a MUD that I never heard of before feature such things as elves, dwarves, halflings, humans, paladins, wizards, rangers, and clerics--even if they are all given different names--I already know that it's not going to keep my interest very long. Why? Nearly every fantasy MUD has them already.

To me, Dragonrealms just looks like a really bad corporate decision. It's like building a K-Mart among mansions. How in the world they got such a playerbase would be beyond me if it wasn't revealed that people were growing and selling characters to turn a profit. If that business is settling down, there's surely some people who are going to be hanging around anyway--nothing to brag about, for sure.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote