View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #37
Juason

Home MUD: Dragonrealms
Juason is on a distinguished road
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

If you were *best* buddies with someone, how was it you didn't know they were selling out? Heh.

Using theoretical arguments a person can bash every game in existence today, every business strategy available, hell.. every idea. Words can always be twisted to support any argument. But, why?

I really enjoy developing for the Dragonrealms community and wanted to let other people know about the fun that can be had there. Not get into a gripe fest about money.

For several years I spent $50 / month, and later $100 / month to play on the Platinum server with a dozen of my good friends. I maintained two accounts so I could better run events, go on rescue missions, train up a weapon forger for the server, etc. The game was just that much fun.

Dragonrealms gave me a good reason to work from the time I was 16. I continued to work through college, 2-3 jobs at a time and even ran my own business at one point. DR was cheaper than quite a few other recreational activities I can think of. And hell, a good pair of running shoes costs more than a year of playing vanilla DR. Life wasn't always going the way I wanted and I was able to lean on my friends in the DR community for support, and the deep and complicated mechanics for a healthy distraction.

I have no control over what gets charged for the games. But I do spend a considerable amount of my free time writing deep and varied systems and providing fun events for folks to get lost in. We came here looking to connect with like-minded individuals, and you have made our time posting here miserable. Is that really what you want for this community?
Juason is offline   Reply With Quote