View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #43
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: FYI Mudconnector forums shut down

I stayed out of the the thread on Mudconnector, because it was very obvious almost from the beginning that it was headed in a very wrong direction. I did follow the thread, however, and in retrospect I rather wish I hadn't, since it revealed opinions and biases in some of the posters, that I had preferrred not to know about.

Like most members of the Mud community in general and TMC in particular, I'd naturally find it very sad if a prestigious Mud site like TMC would go down - it has after all been the main hub of the Mud world for over 15 years.

But instead of just speculating about what plans the owner might have with his site, the easiest way is of course to ask Icculus himself via an e-mail, and several TMC members, including myself, have done just that. And from what he says in his responses, he is planning to turn the site over to a group of interested users, and at present he is looking for the best possible crew.

It's obvious that he still cares enough for TMC to take this trouble, and I'm hopeful that TMC will remain a service to the Mud community, and that the Forums will open for posters again soon.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote