View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 04:03 PM   #23
Jenred

Jenred is on a distinguished road
Do you guys really have nothing better to do then criticise my article? Okay, so its not perfect. It doesn't sit with all your predefined concepts of 'what is' in the world. Its an article of my opinions, views, etc, that HAVE worked to change more then a couple MUDs I've played for the better.

This will be my final note, as this is hardly discussion, but rather people saying: Your opinions wrong for this reason. I don't really care if I'm wrong. There was nothing in the article that was a definitive statement of the world that has to be right or wrong. It started with my background in MUDding, how I was disheartened by the lack of good role-playing MUDs out there, the three ways I classify MUDs, statements about those classifications that still have not been proven contrary, despite people altering my wording to make me seem crazy, then a list of OOC things that make these games unfun to me, then a list of miscellaneous other things that degrade gameplay, then simple and easy ways to conver it towards less of what it was, and more of a fun thing to play.

If you don't like what I said, fine. I'm not saying "You will do this and like it. Because its my way or the high-way."
The article was intended for people of similar mind, that may or may not have had my similar experiences in the world of MUDding, and may operate their own MUD and would like to turn it to the way of role-playing, realism, and the fun that is associated with that genre.

But I guess its too hard to just read something and take it for what it is. And then to set the tone for 'discussion' the first response is taken out of context and made accusatory.

Anyways, if you want to read an article about evolving your MUD towards a role-play inclusive environment, read the article. If you want to hear how wrong I am in my opinions then continue reading this thread, as I'm sure it will drag on for 10+ pages, as most 'discussions' here do...

Thanks.
Jenred is offline   Reply With Quote