View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #114
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

Go back and read your posts. You've mentioned teenagers a zillion times.

I'm sorry that my typo offends you. "Plazmi" just rolls off the fingers easier than Plamzi.

Obviously I didn't typo your name out of malice.

Instead of being a douche about it, maybe you should remember that I'm one of only eight people who backed your .

First, I started the thread.

Second, read the thread title. It is perfectly viable for someone to post in this thread "No, MUDs are just fine. They don't need to be brought into the 21st century." They don't have to post ANYTHING about modernizing MUDs and yet they would still be completely on topic.

Third, just because people think your ideas aren't good doesn't mean they haven't posted their own ideas. Personally, I've posted tons of ideas - sometimes even in convenient list form. I don't think piling a bunch of graphics into a UI is the way to go. In fact, I think that's the WRONG way, because it actually distracts from the strengths of the medium and the genre.

=> Would MUDs do better with newbies if the interfaces and gameplay were more accessible and easier to pick up? Absolutely!

=> Is a heavy graphical interface the only way to accomplish that? Nope.

Are you serious? That's what you thought the point of my bringing up Big Fish Games was? I was talking about demographics and the fact that obsessing over teenagers is not great business.

Come on man, sheesh.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote