View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Marten

Marten is on a distinguished road
Aside from the vast number of unique quests, the world is absolutely massive. Several players have been playing for years and still haven't mapped the entire thing.

As was previously stated, there is no PvP and all character experience is derived either from questing, hunting non-player creatures or healing other players. Hunting creatures for exp can get a bit tedious but there is enough diversity so that it doesn't really become a problem. You can always take a break from leveling and start a roleplay at any time. Or you could just turn to your guild or temple leaders for something to do. Landwide events happen in Terris at the drop of a hat. A great number of these are even staff-assisted.

The 14 dollar a month cover charge is a bit pricey but the game wizard runs EXTREMELY smoothly and the game controls take but minutes to learn (though longer than that to master).

The player base has been dwindling for quite some time but the current players are taking steps in reviving Terris to what it once was. As of late, staff has been steadily growing in number and in my personal experience most staffers are very cooperative and helpful. The staffers and players alike have been working more effectively together recently and the game really looks like its heading in the right direction.

The combinations of classes, races and guilds aren't exactly EXTENSIVE (14 guilds, 9 classes, and 16 races) but they aren't as cheesey as some of the games that do feature upwards of 80 classes. Staff is actually currently working on adding several new classes to the game via a remort feature and the product of this work should be visible within the next month.

If you want a game that gives you complete control of your character, Terris is definitely for you. I got hooked on it just playing through the tutorial in the "Adventurer's Guild" at the beginning of the game and I haven't been able to kick the addiction since...

-Marten
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote