Old 05-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #136
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
The fact that this issue is constantly brought up again and again by many, many different of people is evidence of what the MUD Community thinks. The fact that other DIKU derived MUDs credit the DIKU team in their log-in is evidence of what the social norm on this issue is. I, as anyone else, speak of my opinion formed from my knowledge on the community and sociology.

It does not take a brain-surgeon to construe what is the accepted social norm when dealing with the DIKU License. You can twist whatever words you want to make me look like I am not credible, Matt, but your efforts are transparent. Whatever backwards arguments you might make, this forum is not a court of law - I don't need DNA and statistical evidence to prove what is socially proven overwhelmingly. If I were to document every DIKU MUD, show you their log-in sequence, then investigate to make sure that they did not charge players for their services, you would simply move on to some other word-twisting argument in an attempt to do whatever it is, exactly, you are trying to do.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote