View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 11:14 PM   #28
Mierza

Mierza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mierza
Myself and a group of trusted, talented individuals, started designing and creating the 'revolutionary' MUD that I was dreaming of.

Unfortunately, after the game engine was created, and the start of spec sheets and documentation, my lead coder had to leave the project.

Because I don't want to scrap the project (and let down other employees) and because my heart is so set on actually -completing- it, I'm going to have to ask for the help of you experienced coders out there.

So the question I have to ask is, what things will be required in the process of creating, from scratch, this MUD code.

Now, I know earlier on in this topic, people were kind enough to explain ways about creating a MUD from scratch, however there are other things I'm seeking answers to.

For one, we need everything original. Like our game engine, a main client that is realiable and can support alot of features, a java client that is not so heavy and can be accessed from pretty much anyone.

I need the main client to support graphics, kind of like a 'view screen'. Say, where in a normal MUD you'd type 'look at person' and it'd bring up text, I intend ours to also display their character portrait. Same with landscapes and such.

So what steps would be involved in creating a code base like this?

Also, what language/s would be best for such a project? Our former coder and his assistant were using RUBY, and using LUA as well for the ease of world builders.

As you can guess, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to codeing of any sort.. but that's why I'm asking for some experienced input. Thanks.
Mierza is offline   Reply With Quote