View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
No "exp" gain required to "level." Levelless.

No repetition required to do things - in other words, not having to type (or script) "kill critter" each time you want to hit something. A workable RP environment would handle the drudgery for you, so you can spend more of your effort working on emoting, using thinks, telling your comrades to retreat, etc. etc. etc.

Hunting not only not required, but unneccessary if one wants to succeed in the environment. If becoming "the most powerful and influential" character in the game means you have to go hunting to get there, I'm not interested.

Hunting only appropriate activity, RP-wise, for hunters. A politician, a noble, a soldier in a city-based army, should -never- feel the need to hunt. For any reason - except perhaps on a whim, and even then only if he takes along a few seasoned hunters to protect him.

A fleshed-out emoting system that makes "canned socials" unneccessary.

Permanent death. If a character can get a rezz, the game, by definition, completely eliminates the option of trained assassins and spies. If you kill someone and he comes back to life 20 minutes later, you end up being "outted" as the killer, and everyone and their brother knows who done it, with no hunting for clues neceessary. So much for intrigue.

A believable world. Smurf city is not an option, nor are races where each "humanoid" race is merely a "human with pointy ears." If there are races other than human, one would hope each other race has unique things about them that make them decisively NOT human, and the RP of those non-human traits are reinforced by the player base as well as the staff. In other words - if I see a halfling in a Tolkeinesque game, hitting up a Drow elf for some fun sex, I'm outta there.

A mostly mature player base. By that, I mean - the scene where the halfling hits up the drow for some sex is less likely to occur, if the player wasn't some 12-year-old kid with overactive testosterone raging through his groin.*

*Note, I didn't say it wouldn't occur. I said it is less likely to occur. You can't prevent that kind of thing entirely but you can reinforce and encourage more mature behavior if the playerbase doesn't consist primarily of children.

No vulgarity filters, of any kind.

No global chat channels, of any kind.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote