View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: "Feels like a book" (for e-readers or against?)

I have no interest in e-books. If the battery wears out, I have nothing to read. If my battery wears out on my paperback, uh..oh wait. It doesn't wear out. Plus, I get to help keep the printers in business and promote recycling paper (since a lot of paperbacks these days are manufactured using pulp from recycled paper). Plus, it makes my crotch tingle every time I go to the bookstore and browse through the aisles. Furthermore, buying a book is an adventure. I get to leave the house (I don't buy *anything* online). I get to go for a drive. I get to go to the strip mall! I get to mingle anonymously with other human beings! If I'm really lucky, I'll get someone peering over my shoulder while I peruse a tasty morsel of fiction, and comment about my choice. And then - OMGOMGOMG!!!! maybe..strike up an actual verbal conversation with someone! In person even!

In summary, buying books encourages people to continue being people. It supports humanity. Humanity is good. Books are good. Therefore, Humanity = Books.

I rest my case.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote