View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 10:06 PM   #35
Rhuarc

Rhuarc is on a distinguished road

Nothing in this statement of the supposed purpose of this group lends itself to the idea that only topics concerning large or commercial muds will be discussed.   There are many, many issues involved in running a mud, large or small. And many of those issues have nothing to do with the popularity of the mud.

If this is the reply to Kavir you are referring to,... What, do you think that only an admin of a popular mudsite has this type of experience?  What about those of us who consult for a living? I certainly have considerable knowledge about co-location facilities, T1s, firewalls, setting up load balanced servers,  server hardware, etc.  I've also worked as a professional 3d game developer as a lead c++ programmer so I know a good bit about game design, copyrights, licensing third-party 'middleware', etc.

Look, all I was trying to say is that the single requirement that a mud have an avg. online presence of 50+ players is too limiting.  You have *no* idea who some of these mud implementors are, what they do for a living or what kind of experience they have.  

Further, i was not at all insulted by the original post, you go do whatever you like, I have no time for yet another forum anyway nor any interest in joining yet another 'high-signal' 'advanced' mud forum.  I was just commenting that I believe the group is limiting it's options unnecessarily.
Rhuarc is offline   Reply With Quote