View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 01:45 PM   #116
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
That's fine, you're welcome to find it preposterous. And yet, it's true. You don't like roleplaying at all, as you've stated here before, so I don't really expect you to understand why in-character actions can and should have consequences. Kimberly broke the guild rules willfully and was kicked out for it. *shrug* Her choice.

Our muds are set up to give players far more control over the world around them than most muds do (though certainly not all). We want our players to be able to form communities that have at least some actual power, and this is one way they have it. People are free to go play other muds in which they have no actual power. That's their choice. Given that our games are clearly popular, perhaps you're just having a difficult time understanding that people may way to play games not set up how YOU'D personally like them set up.

Heck, I find submitting applications to play a mud preposterous but you don't see me slamming mud admins for the practice. That's their thing, and while I'd never submit an application in order to play, good for muds that do for appealing to a different kind of player than I am.

Annyywwwaay, this thread is done for me now. Our position has been well-explained, we're in the right, and so far nobody has done anything to demonstrate we're not. (Note I said did. People can flap their lips with opinions all day long, but it doesn't mean a thing without action. All the talking on all the mud forums in the world isn't going to change anything we do, because talking is just talking.)
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote