View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #78
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
Since I'm the last one who posted, and everyone else is probably out doing things, I'll assume that I'm the one bitching. Probably me or Donathin.

As far as applying myself, ma'am, I haven't really considered it because I don't meet my own criteria. I'd ask the moderator to be unbiased (I try), not enjoy arguing (I do--still trying), and, if possible, be a very rare poster themselves (becoming less qualified every day).

Writing to Adam...hmm, I don't have much excuse, there. But it's hard to express in text how vehement you are over one particular or another, and in the case of replacing Matt, I'm not nearly as zealous as some. Not much at all, really. I haven't been here very long, and I just stated my opinion based on what I've seen. I didn't have the perception to realize others didn't feel the same.

My attitude in this situation is kinda like a friend of mine rolled up to me in his car, and I notice one of his tires has gone flat and been replaced with a donut. Noting my dismay, he explains he drove over some glass and the tire popped, thus the donut.

What brings about my dismay is, I say, "But you're going to get it fixed, right? When you get a chance. It's really not a permanent solution" and said friend replies that he likes the donut, it seems to be working out all right now and he doesn't see any reason to replace it.

Um, so, in conclusion, Matt's a donut, to me. He's serviceable, reliable enough to do his job for the time being, but he's not built to be a permanent fixture in his present occupation. He has my thanks for taking time out of his day to deal with whatever duties I don't know about.

But yeah. So that's mostly it. The Medievia stuff died down, but enough controversy to replace it has popped up from Matt, and whether it's all unfounded or not, I don't really know enough to say. I respect Matt's business saavy and the success of his muds, but I just don't really think he's moderator stock.