View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
I agree with a lot of the games you mentioned.  Had some others, as well:

Empire.  The old ASCII-art one (which I can't find, and apparently no one ever cloned) for the original PC.

Lode Runner.  Its design was beautiful.  Infinite levels, by including the building program with it.  Another game I wish was still available.  The sequels did nothing for me.  The (myriad) similar-clone games all lack in one way or another.  If I had an old (wasn't it a II?) Apple, I would run LR on it today.

Ultima IV. I loved everything about this game, especially its depth and breadth compared to its predecessors. Although the future sequels all offered more world, features and options, this one was my favorite. It may be because it was one of the first games I purchased with my own money, working to save up to it made it mean that much more to me.

Pyroto Mountain.  One of the first Multi-user games on the first days of the Internet.  Could have up to five players connected simultaneously, and you gained levels by answering trivia questions.  I believe this game spurred my interest in the Internet and everything related to it.

--Bert
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote