View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #9
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Midkemia Online: New Iron Realms MUD!

I want to get excited.. I really do. The books (Magician, etc though Honoured Enemy was the peak and the best of all the books) are amongst my favourites, and a MUD based in this world is an exciting concept.

But I gave up on IronRealm games a long time ago (after many many attempt to like them) due to lack of naming rules, real life conversations in the game (Midkemia's atmosphere will not survive with characters chatting about the latest PS3 game) , and getting headaches coping with the sheer amount of unbroken text that can appear on screen (ever head of paragrpahs).

I know that I am clearly a minority, and I suppose once you are used to the system its not a problem, hence why the games are so popular. Mind you the helpers in the games are second to none, even once spotting I was having issues with the commands and jumping in to help unasked.

When you have text games that are a pleasure to read and soothing on the eye such as Threshold, or laid out in a nice easy fashion such as Materia Magica, Newworlds, Armaggeddon, unless this new MUD addresses the flaws in the engine, its one I shall only (sadly) look at for a brief time before movnig back to somthing more digestible.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote