View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 09:41 PM   #4
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Try doing make again now, it appears you didn't get any error report when you manually compiled it (that's what you did by typing in that line).

If there were a problem with the file itself, the compiler would have bailed on you during manual entry as well.

I'm betting something quirky is up with your Makefile. Open it up and take a look at it. Look specifically for something around the name 'update.o' - either no trailing slash after it, and more stuff to be compiled on the next line, or something else equally funky.

If you don't find anything immediately obvious, try to post it on here, verbatim. What system are you using? Typ 'gcc --version ' to check the version you have. I know there were some major problems with 3.0x when it first came out, and with 2.96 awhile back when it was new (Redhat still uses 2.96 I think, which was not an official gcc release).

If when you do 'make' again it moves to the next file, or tries to link them, or anything else, let us know what happens. The more info you can provide, the better.
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote