View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 09:12 PM   #5
potterhead4

potterhead4 is on a distinguished road
Johnny Mandel, duh!!

Anyhow, don't worry about the idea behind this game. It's definitely not finished or even close to decided.

That said, I was thinking about the comment I made about staffers being the main characters...I don't really like it, now that you mention it. However, I of course want dedicated characters who really know how to play the role and want to play the role.

But, the thing that the game offers is fun, trauma, excitement, and a place to relax. For instance, plots don't just effect the main characters! The lowest PC corporals still have to follow orders, dress up VIP tents, and complain about being a corporal! I mean, I think that if the staffers are smart enough, we can find a way to introduce plots for all characters.

Plus, even if you're not involved in a plot, there will still be lots of stuff to do off-duty, like get drunk at the officers club. You'll also always have some duty or another (kitchen, patrol, etc), so I think it'll keep characters busy.

In my opinion, the combination of off-duty activities, duties, and plots should make for an exciting game for all...but I do see your point, and maybe you have a reason why it would get boring?

-Gabe
potterhead4 is offline   Reply With Quote