Thread: Website Design
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 01:27 AM   #11
WadeGustafson

WadeGustafson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WadeGustafson Send a message via AIM to WadeGustafson Send a message via Yahoo to WadeGustafson
Yup, HaiWolfe is correct.

IRE is NOT involved with the project in any way other than that we are currently working on a proof of concept version of DEAD6 using Rapture prior to licensing the engine and going commercial. The DEAD6 site on Wolfpaw is the old version of the site that I had actually forgotten was there as I had, soon after, switched to another host for our developmental phase. I'll have to bring that one down. The most current site (still under construction) is at .

The information listed on the old site is accurate for the version of DEAD6 that was being built upon the SoI RPIMUD Engine by C. W. McHenry, which was in turn ultimately an expansion of the old Diku code. We were several months into development and decided that we'd like to go commercial with the game. Looking into commercially viable code-bases we decided to develop DEAD6 based on a Rapture foundation.

Yes, the project is VERY unlike the IRE games. We are simply using Rapture for the network code and internal programming ability. Everything else is being coded from scratch to make the commercial version of DEAD6 an RPI. Of course, taking this route pushes back our plans of opening in 2006. You can follow our progress on the website and the RPIMUD.com forums.

In reference to the original posting here, thank you to everyone who has contacted me about doing some webwork for your games. I've had man inquiries and will be deciding which web projects to work on in the next week or so and getting back to you all via email.
WadeGustafson is offline   Reply With Quote