Thread: MUD Reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #69
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: MUD Reviews

I dunno, KaVir, it seems to me that a rating system like yours could be easily misinterpreted by the readers. (Just as many readers misinterpret the rankings on this list to be about quality, while in fact they only are about how many players that click the vote button every day).

Most of them would probably just skip the parts where the rating system is explained, and then they would interpret the rating literally.
Meaning that they'd think the part rated as 'weak' would be weak in comparison to other Muds as well, while in fact - if the Mud in question was a really good one - it would be way above average, even though other features in that same Mud were even better.

And isn't reviews actually ABOUT comparing a game with other games?

I think it would be a good thing to have a number of categories that the review would have to comment on to be accepted, but I'm not really sure about rating, in any form. I think it would be better to describe everything in words instead.

Anyhow - it WOULD be good to have a new and improved review system implemented, if nothing else to get rid of those old reviews that have been on the front page for ages.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote