View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Delerak's MUD Vlogs

Hey there Astark,

Thanks for responding so quickly to my vid! It was a pleasure to login and check out your game man. It has a LOT of features and if I had more time I actually could see myself playing there for fun. But as I said this was more of a 'first look' type thing and I spent around an hour or so on there which is a lot for me right now during my final week of college.

- About the PK MUD thing. In hindsight I should have said 'hack n slash'. Which to me is quite the same as PK mud. The way the games are setup with lots of skills, plenty of zones for power leveling and getting gear. It's old school. For me personally the only incentive to play these are to eventually get into player vs player combat. While I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying it takes kind of a backseat in this case and with this kind of system as the system isn't necessarily designed around roleplay as much as it is designed around: Go here. Kill this. Loot that. Rinse and repeat. It's a super fun model that works very well.

- Finding bugs/typos/minor annoyances etc is easy for me. It comes naturally as I was a beta tester for activision for a while. (9 months meh.) but that was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about gaming while working there. And yes my vids are definitely lacking in a 'format' I need to do some research and talk more about features, but I think actually connecting and logging in is also the meat of the vid. Being able to watch a HD vid of a MUD isn't something you see very often. However; YES I need feedback and I need help figuring out how to format my vids. If I had a script it would be much easier but I don't really have time to do all that and the main point of the 'First Look' vids are that I've never logged in and I know nothing about the game.

-Thanks for the links! Always good to increase viewership and I don't do nearly enough. I don't think I've done any advertising besides this thread.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote