View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 05:13 AM   #22
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I invite you to check out one of the most popular online games ever to exist:

They have over 60 million users.

Their web site, its games, and 100% of its features are free. It doesn't even have banner ads.

However, it is a commercial operation.

They make their money by selling merchandise (clothes, plushie toys, stickers, keychains, and tons more) based on the neopets. They also hire out their flash game programming services to large companies for whom they make "themed games" for the users to play.

For example, when Disney was coming out with the Lilo & Stitch movie, they hired Neopets to make (and run) a Lilo & Stitch themed flash game.

Users of Neopets could then play the game if they wanted to to earn neopoints (the currency of the game). Every single flash game on Neopets earns you neopoints, so there is nothing special about the themed games.

The point is that Neopets is a multi-million dollar enterpreise that is most certainly FREE *and* COMMERCIAL.

Er...... In what universe? Honestly, that is one of the most absurd statements I have read on these forums in months.

Time and money have a DIRECT bearing on each other. If you don't believe me, try hiring a lawyer or a plumber, for example.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote