View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
My apologies if my tone was irate.  My displeasure wasn't soley directed at you even if your's was what prompted a post regarding this (and I thank you for your honesty in admitting a mistake, I respect that as it's hard to come by).  All too often someone posts about a type of MUD and gets responses from MUDs which don't meet the person's specifications, those responding are more concentrated on hocking their MUD than they are helping the person find what they wanted in the first place.

Like Brody said, the original post was vague which could lead to confusion.  I just wish the MU* community was more organized and developed some commonly-accepted standards so confusion and disagreement over terms, be it "RP enforced" or "free to play" or what-have-you wouldn't occur.  There's plenty of opportunity given sites like TMS and TMC exist, but sadly those who are in a position to do so choose not to organize such an effort.  This lack of leadership in the community is a problem that I feel really hurts the overall nature of text-based gaming.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote