View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
SteveOofDFC

SteveOofDFC is on a distinguished road
Re: Please Help Find!

9) Roleplay was NOT stressed, but if I found a carbon copy of this game where I had to pucker up and pretend that I was a 2.5foot tall imp from an unknown realm of existence jumping out of the shadows to backstab a troll for his entire health bar I'd still be willing to pay 10x what I paid for DFC per month.

10) Things operated on a timer; average attack timer was 2 seconds, base, and then added to by type of weapon being used or type of action being done (reloading a catapult took 9 seconds on the timer). This was based on agility; higher agility = faster timer. It could also be slowed by being stunned ("You attack Kosen and hit for 132 damage!Kosen is momentarily stunned!Kosen begins to bleed!"!). The "bleeds" as it were in WoW terminology were pretty simple; no memorizing the 4 uses of each of 34 different herbs to play. You had bleed, which took damage and fatigue; you had poison, which did damage, and you had disease, which took fatigue. At 0 fatigue you could not move from one room to another, but had to wait for your fatigue to climb back up. Amount needed to go from room to room depended on how much of your encumberance limit was taken, based on your strength.

11) Stats were pretty simple: Strength, con, agility, dexterity, intel, wisodm. Strength was melee attacks and encumberance, con was resistance to the 3 afflictions and also hitting 5 or lower was very very bad, agility decided timer, dexterity affected things like backstab and direct, intelligence affected direct and learning, wisdom affected learning and item prices at stores. When I say learning I mean spells; each level one got the chance to train the Research ability if they were a caster, then don some gear with +research spells (+intel, +research, +wisdom, no 2 could stack but different spells with similar effects could) and research from a spell list of their choice to gain a certain amount of levels in the list (You learn Afflictions to the 34th level.) or fail research and have to wait until the next level to try again.
Honestly, I could describe this game for hours more; the stats are not inclusive, combat not comprehensive, and I haven't even touched on the skills such as climb, jump, hide, sneak, swim, lockpick, etc., or how they are relevant as far as needing to be trained goes. I have not played this game since before it was shut down in 2006 by Mythic because they wanted to concentrate on DAoC instead, thus turning out an incredibly loyal and still breathing fanbase and I could still go on that much. I could detail how to navigate nearly every area of the two realms with which I'm most familiar, and about half of the third realm, maybe a bit more. I can still in my mind on my goblin go down to the shop, buy the items needed, and create a barrage of catapults to sit and wait at the docks for the ship to come in from Evil or Good. It's ridiculous how addicting it was and how badly we want it back.
Anywho....Any idea of a game similar to this out there? I would happily pay for something like it. Oh, and the GUI had to be downloaded, the game could not be played from alternate GUI or browser. And scripting was not allowed; macros were. for example, on my imp F1 was "hide&" (meant I hit F1 and he would hide, I didnt have to hit enter b/c the & symbol was there), F2 was "backstab " (space afterward let me insert name), and F3 was "attack&" (because it would automatically attack the last thing I hit, so I'd hide, backstab cuda, attack&, and if my backstab passed it would 0 him, the attack would kill).
Here's kind of an idea of what it might look like from oh let's say my ogre's perspective:

[City of Darikor]
You are standing in front of a large smoking temple.
Obvious exits: east, west, in.
You see Kothas here.
There is a bronze dagger, a small pile of silver coins, and a red bandanna on the ground.

heal
Health: 370/390 Fatigue: 400/400
Mana: 170/530
tap 300
You tap your inner reserves for an extra 300 power points.
Tept just came in.
(hit F2 which was "Cast boulder.ii ")
cast boulder.ii tep
You cast a spell!
A massive boulder forms at the hands of Sandmann and rolls toward Tept!
You tapped your inner reserves for an extra 300 power points.
You do not have enough power!
You take 300 damage.You take 300 fatigue.
You hit Tept for 578 damage!
Tept is momentarily stunned!
Tept starts to bleed!
F2
You must wait 2 seconds to cast a spell!
F2
You must wait 2 seconds to cast a spell!
F2
You must wait 1 seconds to cast a spell!
F2
Tep is no longer here!
e
[City of Darikor]
You are east of a large smoking temple.
Obvious exits: south, and west.
Also there is Tept.
F2 tep
You cast a spell!
A massive boulder forms at the hands of Sandmann and rolls toward Tept!
You hit for 178 damage!
Tept just died!
He dropped all of his items and money!
You gain 58 Realm Points!
You have gained a new Rank in your Realm!
Your new Rank is: Overseer.
dance
You do a little jig.

In the game you didn't see your own command pop up, once you hit enter it just went through. I type it out as an example, a plea to any who can help, and I get excited just seeing Tept die and me get RPs again, lol. Seriously, I've been searching for something comparable for years, even before it shut down...If you know of something...hook a brutha up.

Thanks.

SteveO
SteveOofDFC is offline   Reply With Quote