View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 04:50 AM   #3
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
This is mostly in response to the statement: "There are also instances when someone will make a character which does not even come close to fitting into one of the ten clans/groups/houses which we have established. They demand that a new house/order/clan be made which "fits their character"."

I know that I have a few characters that don't fit in any of the noble houses, and most are that way purposefully. One character is a common thief/bandit/murderer and I won't even attempt to put him into a noble house because it simply doesn't fit his character. The only house where he might have a place in is Riverdale, yet he is obsessive about his personal freedom and couldn't stand following someone else's orders. I created that character because I thought he would be fun to play, and I love his personality. Granted, it might be more fun if he could pk, but I've accepted how things are, though I've also ended up playing that character less and less.

Maybe some people are like me, and create a character because it will be interesting and be something beyond the norm. Though I have to agree that playing a type of character that you know doesn't exist in your realms (i.e. a drow in a mud without drow) is pushing it, and you shouldn't be surprised if you are confronted about it. But when people are playing realistic characters - a common thief, a rogue fae, a reclusive necromancer - they shouldn't be forced to deal with certain restrictions. I do understand what you're trying to prevent, it would just be nice to be able to come to some sort of compromise.

Perhaps if enough people are pushing for a new kind of house/order, it could be put in. Hm.. maybe that could be a subject for a new poll on the website... "What type of new house/order would you like to see?" *grin*
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote