View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #220
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road
I really hope you'd elaborate on this. Suggesting that the only way I could know about it is if I was part of it myself is, to put it mildly, naive. People talk - if you've been part of any MUD's community for any length of time you'd start learning about the things that go on behind the scenes.

RPIs are MUDs, but they have no bearing on the conversation. There isn't a playing field in the sense that we're discussing in RPIs so it's pointless to bring them up as an example.

IRE games claim to be 'Free to play' and that is a statement that is undoubtedly true. It means, though it's odd that I'd have to clarify, that you don't have to pay money to play. No more, no less. The fact that you can also 'succeed' without paying is a bonus, they don't make that claim in their advertizement. And you can indeed succeed without paying, there have been many examples brought up as to this happening and there are many, many, MANY others that haven't and won't be mentioned - purely due to the volume. If you'd care to substantiate your claim next time, it might be worth discussing.

I have no idea what your personal opinion has to do with this discussion.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote