View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
Adelai

Adelai is on a distinguished road
I was recently asked by a builder (I’m head builder on the mud, though not by name) if we could have a sort of department store, a stock place where we would have a certain number of generic pants, generic shirts, boots, furniture, and other items which a builder could then draw from. We’re having some trouble with disk space, and this would help.

I worry about not only the depressing effect that might have on creativity (and on our mud, creativity’s unfortunately at a premium) but I’m a firm believer that not every NPC needs to be wearing in-game clothing – just put it in the description. Others disagree. Even accepting that, I don’t see that 50 mobs with the same three sets of clothing is any better than 50 mobs with clothing only in their look descriptions.

I’ve been accused of not understanding people’s time constraints and expecting too much of the builders. I think I’m making things easier by putting clothing in descrips instead of having it made separate, and stock.

Anyone use this sort of system? And am I out of line for originally denying the idea?
Adelai is offline   Reply With Quote