View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #31
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: RPEI, The New RP Standard

Jaz: You realize you actually made Mina's point for her with your examples, right? An inexplicit standard is of no use to anyone, and certainly isn't a "standard." And furthermore, nobody has the right to get huffy if people "misuse" a category that is incredibly amorphous and generic.

That seems to be the only specific criterion that is readily agreed upon. Are there others? I think that's the point. Maybe RPI fans should spend less time flaming players who think they are looking for an RPI, or developers who "incorrectly" call their game an RPI, and more time clarifying this "standard." And at the same time, think of a better, less generic name for it that doesn't reek of superiority.

I don't know. But didn't you call all the other ones "2 dimensional." And then there is the silly guy in this forum who lumps all the other muds that aren't RPIs into a the "stock DIKU" category. I'd reply to him directly, but every time I hit quote I just laugh too hard. I can't tell if he is serious or if he is just creating a parody of the snooty, RPI elitism we've all seen on these forums a million times in the past.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote