Old 03-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #17
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
The owners of topmudsites and mudconnector stand too much to lose money-wise from Iron Realms pulling their expensive and aggressive advertising policy with the two sites. There is pretty public knowledge of the threats and insinuations made by Matt - whose condescending, conniving, and non-community supporting rhetoric is 90% of the reason your organization has a bad name with a lot of the MUDing community. It has nothing to do with the size of your game for most(and at least myself). He can bully his way into being allowed to advertise his products as free on resource sites, even when there are far more accurate models to describe them as. It is his right. It is our right to consistantly call him out on it.

As long as there is a need for change, people who are progressive and active will continue to push. If an activist or lobbyist gives up on his ideals, then he is not showing enough conviction. It has nothing to do with attacking again and again just for the sake of being offensive.

Again, as far as Iron Realms goes, the source of community issues with it stems from Matt's attitude, bullying, condescension, and general lousiness in most of his dealings with the community, including constant subtle, underhanded cheap shots at smaller MUDs, as-if Varg(or any other MUD Admin) would actually feel bad about such comments when Carrion Fields is obviously doing great for a 100% Free MUD and Iron Realms uses a more commercial model to acquire its playerbase.

I'm sure Soleil, that you are capable enough to step back and see the issues at hand. You can't expect people who want to see the right thing done to be quieted by a single company(and CEO) who thinks its self-importance outweighs an entire international gaming community. And before you accuse me of trying to be the voice of the whole community, my counter-point is that, in-fact, I was merely pointing out that Iron Realms' dedicated players/employees seem to be the only ones to ever defend your side of the argument on the community resource-site forums.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote