DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: RPMUD Network 2009 Election Results

I think that some fresh perspective would be best for everyone, personally. I understand the term "RPI" to refer to a genre of games built by, or resembling, a specific codebase (the RPI Engine). To me, it isn't a superiority thing - it's just the same reasoning to call my game an RPI as it is for Realms of Despair to call their game SMAUG. I don't overly have a huge problem with other games calling themselves RPIs, though if the gameplay is significantly different than most RPIs it could be confusing for new players.

What I believe in, even more, is that entrenched battles between various games' admins are counter-productive for everyone. Once again, I think that a fresh point-of-view and some renewed energy could do a lot to bring the roleplaying-focused members of the MUDing community together more for the purpose of sharing and forming new ideas.

The future of MUDs is innovation. That is always how it will have to be. Innovation can mean more than gameplay, though. It can be sociological, too. It can be marketing. Innovation can come in many spheres and there is more to learn in a co-operative environment than on top of a "smoldering framework" as you say, NewWorlds.

I ran for a place on the RPMUD Council and lost my election; so a year from now, by the time that the next election rolls around, I am challenging you (Shadow) and the rest of you (RPMUD) to show how much of a positive impact you have made on the community in the grand year of 2010.

Happy New Years.

Last edited by DonathinFrye : 01-01-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: a wee bit drunk?
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote