View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Ex-Players and a Loss of Interest

Definately!

I think your point is good. A good MUD is like a very good book. You might read it once or several times or years later go back to it. If the author is a good writer you may read other books by the auther. However, unlike a book a MUD is dynamic, it can change, the main characters can evolve even die. It is fascinating to watch and be a part of this.

What we do on Ateraan is evolve with the story. A few years ago we introduced a whole new aspect to the story and had a massive playerwipe. It was intense and exciting.

In the last few months Ateraan's staff and players have had in influx of events and story that have had the book change and evolve. For example, the game of Leather Ball has been introduced as part of the story and playing it has been a new incredible different experience for the key characters (you). There are many more events that have occurred and several big ones that will change the story again over the next months.

This is what we do as Staff on this particular game to keep things changing and exciting. I won't give away the new events and story lines but expect them to be big and noticably different. If you've had a read of Ateraan years ago, I'd recommend taking another look at this book.

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote