Thread: Good vs. Evil
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 10:29 PM   #14
Chapel

Chapel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chapel Send a message via AIM to Chapel Send a message via MSN to Chapel
Angry

I don't know, I don't buy it Jaz. I think it sounds more like no one in the world you play in wants to take responsibility for their actions. Remember the words "good" and "evil" are only words, its the meaning behind them that holds water. They are descriptions only, which is why evil considers themselves "good".

Good, by ANY name, is simply the want, need and respect for the well being of ALL people, not just a particular group. It is the following of the natural virtues, kindness, honesty, etc. etc. Evil or "Bad" is much to the contrast of that, manipulation, betrayal, etc. etc.

Now don't get me wrong, my opinion isn't based on what I believe good or evil is, because my person perception is far different from the point I'm making, but it seems as though an easier way to differentiate good and evil is that "good" does not need to make excuses, manipulate, hide themselves, or bully others.

Evil is to the opposite of this again, they make excuses "explanations" for the actions they take, they manipulate those they need, they disguise their actions and identities while they work and use their assets to keep down those they are against.

It just sounds like your world will not acknowledge the concept of good and evil instead portraying that all things have a "dark" and "light" to themselves, which is an awesome dynamic and more of a social breakdown than fundamental, but in the end, the individual is either doing a good thing or a bad thing.

Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote