View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Compliance reminder if you use "The Isles OLC" or "ILAB/OLC", "ROMolc" and others

On the contrary, there is plenty of proof of that and you can trace it all the way back to my original email account, ... the lm meant "Luce McQuillan" and he was the owner of "Telerama", one of Pittsburgh's first ISPs. That is the email that is in ROMolc which is based on Jason Dinkel's port of The Isles OLC ported by him in 1994 as ILAB/OLC.

Telerama was also once home to Chris "Surreal" Woodward who ran a local BBS called Infinity BBS. His name appears in the credits for Renegade BBS Software and The Isles OLC which were the only two software packages he ever had a hand in releasing.

Below, a posting August 19, 1994 that includes my real name, my email at the time which was (that appears in the Jason Dinkel port of The Isles OLC), and Surreal's email address which is also at telerama.lm.com

FCASD stands for "Fox Chapel Area School District" and was the VAX/VMS supercomputer we had at my highschool back in the 90s. One.Fcasd.Edu was a NeXT box that ran the first copies of The Isles.

Someone mentioning ROMolc as based on The Isles OLC:

October 28, 1994

August 11, 1994

July 29, 1994

Last edited by locke : 07-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.