View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
Altruan

Altruan is on a distinguished road
Question Another looking for mud post

Hey all

I am old mud player from way back who used to be active on discworld mud.

That really isn't what I'm looking for anymore and I am hoping for some guidance.

I am looking for a mud which is more hack and slash focused, with a highly developed crafting system (would prefer if 90% odd of the end game item trade came from other players). Preferably one the doesn't require returning to an inn or similar to log out and that allows you to keep all items (at times I look to play during train rides and having to stay close to a log out point for the 20 minute ride annoys me).

Most importantly I am looking for one with a lot of player interaction with each other. Either through role play enforced with a need for seeking out others (please note though, if this is the case I also want a logical IC reason I'm hacking and slashing) or through a very active ooc channel(s), although by very active I don't mean you talk with Your Friends a lot and group with them a lot, so they must be the same for newbies or there are 3-4 people who constantly argue about finance, politics or news. Both of those would be even better. (also, sorry if that seems harsh but I don't see the point in hanging around for months to find out the mud I've joined isn't just taking a while to make contacts in, but is just where people who have been coming for a long time keep coming to catch up with friends and are very helpful to newbies and questions, but will neve be inclusive of new players... Which seems to be a lot now. I also don't see the point in playing a game with 50-200 odd people just so once in a blue moon I can group with them, makes the social aspect redundant).
Altruan is offline   Reply With Quote