View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Another looking for mud post

G'day mate. I'd like to tell you a few reasons why you should play New Worlds Ateraan.

First off, we have several players from Australia playing, not to mention numerous players from around the world so there are always players to roleplay with constantly. You will find groups during any hour of any day of the year.

I'm also old school and so is NWA, so you will get that good feel for quality game play, while also enjoying the new features on the game like the crafting, shipping, caravans, invasions, et al.

Unfortunately NWA is a intensive roleplay enforced game, not focused on hack and slash, however, reading the rest of your post I think you are looking for a system like ours. There is pleanty of adventure especially in groups where you may find as many as ten players on an adventure and upwards of fifty together during invasions. But you will also find that two to four groupings as well for exciting questing and such.

We have two guilds specificallly dedicated to roleplay and crafting. Don't get me wrong though. NWA doesn't make everything in the game in these guilds, and crafting is a hugely complicated thing where you have to find fifty items to make a torch. But the mix of roleplay and crafting with smooth functionality is bliss.

Amen brotha. I can't stand that either and neither can the players of NWA. All equipment is saved on exit no matter where you are. There are caveats however, as there should be, if you quit in the middle of a dangerous area don't be suprised if you wake up running for your life!

That is what we are all about. Lots of players, lots of interaction, and a helluva lot of roleplay.

The game is intense and indepth and you will always have reasons for your adventuring.

There are specific ooc channels and ic channels in the game for specific purposes. We like to think of Ateraan as a game that is like old school table top D&D where friends sit around a big table, interact, roleplay, and adventure. But we also like to keep the OOC very seperate so you can feel the intensity of your gaming. This is done in a magnificent way in NWA so that you can be a part of a community while also seperating enough to dislike someone in character while being friends out of character.

NWA is probably the best roleplay enforced game out there for quality players that also is an excellent place for new players to begin. We have a staff and players who are more than helpful to new players and a system setup so you can become an important and intergral part of this epic story.

It doesn't happen overnight, but in a short while you can become one with a multitude of groups in the game.

Let's face it, put another shrimp on the barbi and feast on the excitement that will meet you at New Worlds Ateraan. We'll be waiting for you!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote