View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 11:04 AM   #4
Steiner

Steiner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Steiner
Exclamation

First off, this MUD won't exactly be based on today's real world and it's warfare. It's based in the time of the 60s-70s, during the Cold War Era. The weapons, tactics, vehicles, and even some attitudes will be based on that time period.

You are right, a good majority of the MUD Community out there don't want to have to deal with a realistic MUD, they want to escape realism... however, how many in the MUD community were actually in Vietnam or a large-scale war? To a certain extent, you would be escaping reality, since you will have the opportunity to live in the times and boots of a soldier 30-40 years ago.

Right now we're using the LP MUD Codebase, but that may change, depending on the status of my Coders. We're trying to attract not only an audience, but also a staff, of open-minded creators that can dedicate effort to creating something that has never been done before, or even touched on. I personally dont think the average RPG fan will like the game, simply because a lot of the focus is on realism and teamwork, along with missions and fast-paced action. However, war-buffs and others that WOULD appreciate a MUD like this are slowly starting to show themselves. I think if everything works out, it will be a success, and at the very least, a good experience.
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote