View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 06:32 AM   #7
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in a similar predicament to this. This is a MUD on the top 20 of topmudsites, I won't name it any more specifically than that, because I think it might be against a rule. They use our highest level areas in their MUD, completely without permission. They also advertise as fully non-stock. Its nice like that. Of course, they also claim copyright of it.

I don't have the money to go to court over that, as much as I'd like to be able to afford such things. Let alone want to go to court over something MUD related. I was considering release the areas on kyndig, so that it is stock. Although the areas will just be on dozens more MUDs once I've done that.. so I hold back. And yet.. they might do it before I do, someday.

Well the point of the post is.. I think the matter is best settled out of court somehow. I don't know how many people would support this, but .. if there was a webpage which reported stolen themes and areas, just so the word is out there, and the MUDs players can actually find out who stole what from who, that would probably help us moderate ourselves better. Perhaps such a webpage does exist.. dunno. I know I wouldn't want my mud on a page like that. Would there be any legal wrangles surrounding that perhaps?
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote