View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Jay

Jay is on a distinguished road
As there are several folks who have decided to post reviews for a dead MUD, I thought perhaps a forum topic to discuss the demise of TP MUD a better place. If not appropriate that is fine and it can be closed or deleted.

I think that the entry from the database for Turning Point MUD should probably be deleted, or marked closed or whatever so that the silly reviews (and my rebuttles) will stop.

As far as the topic itself goes, yes, TP MUD is gone. For those wanting a copy of the code, I'm sorry, but I'm not making it available to anyone.

For the specific reason the MUD went down, Pleos and Juvkiertauxa did not have the time to run it. Once that happened there was no one I had promised to keep the MUD up for left. I am sorry that I took the MUD away from you if you were one of the active players or immortals. If you were one of the many inactive players or immortals who seem to have a negative opinion about the MUD or not giving out of the code, too bad. I don't particularly care.

If you think I am a spoilt brat for closing the MUD, you can obviously have your opinion. My opinion however is I kept the place open for nine and half years. When the people I was keeping it up for (Pleos and Juvkeirtauxa) were unable to devote time to it, I certainly wasn't going to keep it up for other people I don't know or really have a reason to care about.

Okay, I've said my peace, now whine away if the moderators don't mind it. It will hopefully finally help you to get over it... even if you've been gone for a year and half. If it doesn't help, please seek professional in the mental health field.

Jay, ex-co-owner of Turning Point MUD
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote