View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #329
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Nothing I said was ignorant. When you gave more detail, you just proved my point. It was yet another pointless, petty drama.

I don't have to know all the nitty gritty details about some petty drama to know its silly and ultimately irrelevant to the community at large. In fact, I'd prefer not to know all the painful details.

Lets not forget you actually asserted that Accursed Lands claiming to be an early RPI was one of the reasons our "genre isn't taken seriously."

WHO CARES?!?!?!

Don't you get it? Normal people don't give a damn about stupid, pointless distinctions like that. Heck, most people *IN* the MUD community don't care. People outside of it care even less.

In the rest of the gaming industry, third parties don't feel compelled to butt in on developers describing and categorizing their games how they want.

If a developer is deceptive in describing their game, that's a problem between the developer and the customer. Other companies stay out of it. It would be unseemly and unprofessional to behave otherwise.

Understand?
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote