View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #9
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge changes to Achaea's skills

Because of this thread, I actually decided to update my knowledge of certain games I played a long time ago and subsequently quit because I hated something about them.

I started a new character in Achaea today (because I have no way of remembering who my old paladin was). The only thing I recognized from last time was the butterfly quest, and I quickly also recalled the annoyance of a very slow newbie monster respawn, which is the only reason why I'm not actually still playing Achaea at the very moment I write this post. I haven't got to the whole part about running around to find all the herbs and pipes and potions and stuff, but it was all of that and the hammerspace storage system that comprised one of the two major reasons for why I quit in the first place (the other reason being that, back then, it felt like I had to take a college course and exams just to be able to have PCs from my community allow me to advance). The attrition I mentioned previously was that the required stockpile and mechanism to access said stockpile made PvP combat feel like a battle to see who would run out of stuff first.

I'm going to keep playing when I get around to it, but if those two things haven't been improved, then I don't see what the point in playing is. The tutorial feels long winded, by the way, but Alter Aeon is much better at that type of adventuring.

Last edited by dark acacia : 04-20-2015 at 08:30 AM.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote