View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #19
nyanko

Home MUD: Imperian
Home MUD: Alter aeon
nyanko is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge changes to Achaea's skills

Achaea and Imperian have sever-side healing systems already available immediately for players to use. A new player simply acquires all the herbs and curatives needed and performs: autocuring on.

What I was suggesting in my previous post was a combat system for sale or for free for the various classes/professions such as to display a message if an enemy is starting an instant kill routine. Most players have created some sort of system through trial and error, but a combat system for sale or free would allow newbies a chance to know when to escape and receive more detail about what was happening during a fight. Fights occur very quickly with a lot of information happening at once; a good combat system helps to highlight the most pertinent information. The top players have very sophisticated combat systems that they have created themselves. A more generic combat system available immediately on the server for newbies would allow them a better chance at entering into combat faster. It would, also, assist seasoned players who don't have much of a system in place.

Overall, my favourite MUD so far is Imperian. The quality of the Iron Realm games outshines pretty much all other MUDs that I have seen. The IR games have a lot of polish to them, with great quests both small and large. The crafting system seems very advanced and the help files are among the best. In my opinion, Achaea and Imperian are definitely MUDs that any MUD aficionado should try out at least once.
nyanko is offline   Reply With Quote