View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #67
misao

misao is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

I think what Nymeria was talking about was something slightly different. But yes, this is a huge problem on both MUDs and MUSHes that I've played. Frankly, there are two sides to the story, though. As an example, there was a new player on TI that I was very eager to help. So, when I saw that she and a few others were in a public location, I hastened my butt there. Unfortunately, she takes 15 minutes to reply to ANYTHING, and just idled out after a while. Well, maybe she was busy, but if she was too busy to pose more often than once every 15 minutes, perhaps she shouldn't be RPing?

Tried again with another alt some other time. Same problem. Third time, the same.

Now, whenever she poses? Honestly, I tend to ignore it most of the time. There's just no danged use responding when she's only gonna pose again after the next 10 poses or so. Things would've changed too much by then and she'd only be responding to the most recent events so why bother?

I do agree that some people are just too caught up in elitism that they don't even bother with -anyone- whom they don't know. That is rather saddening, although frankly I've not met very many players like that.
misao is offline   Reply With Quote