Thread: TMS New Owner
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
TMSOne

TMSOne is on a distinguished road
Sorry to keep folks in the dark on the new ownership, needed to reach out to the moderators first. Below is virtually the same email I sent to each of the moderators yesterday, gives some background on how the sale came about, and plans moving forward. Some of you may know me as "Lasher", the administrator of Aardwolf.

I ran into Adam on a forum called Namepros.com - completely unrelated to MUDs and dropped him a quick PM to say "hi". We got talking and he mentioned that he'd considered selling TMS a couple of times due to lack of time to dedicate to it, but did not want it to go to somebody that does not understand MUDs. I expressed an interest in the site, partly as a business opportunity and partly as a means to ensure that TMS remains what it is today. I also expressed a concern about any MUD owner running the site and how that would be perceived by the rest of the community on TMS. After talking it through some with Adam, we decided to go ahead with it anyway and the transfer actually took place a couple of months ago - the server move was me moving the site to a dedicated host.

I'd like to reassure you that administration of Aardwolf and administration of TMS are two completely separate activities. Aardwolf is a hobby for me, web development/publishing are my living. There will be no special 'favors' for Aardwolf (other than I suppose I won't be charging myself for the couple of banners we have). Hopefully this is evidenced by Achaea winning the voting last period and being embarassingly far ahead of us this week in what is usually a neck-and-neck race. I understand the skepticism some people will have around this and that was my main concern with taking on the site in the first place, but anyone looking on objectively will see no sudden boost in votes for Aardwolf compared with our trend over the last year and that should be that.

Obviously I have some plans for developing the site, but mostly technology updates, upgrading the forums, rewriting the review system, etc - nothing that would change the fundamentals of what TMS is. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, either here or privately via email at webmaster-at-topmudsites.com. However, if you think I might be able to answer your question by repeating the line "Administration of Aardwolf and administration of TMS are two completely separate activities", I probably will.

Regards,
Derek.
TMSOne is offline   Reply With Quote