View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #8
Mercan

Mercan is on a distinguished road
Having never played a female character before, my knowledge about the subject is pretty limited.  This is one of the reasons that I have avoided playing female characters, apart from small children as NPC's, up to this point.  I feel like I lack the knowledge to do a good job, or it.  While I think it could provide some very interesting opportunities, I don't want to end up playing a completely stereotyped character.

That being said, I think that there are just as many insane stereotypes forwarded by characters played by players of the same gender.  Particularly in cases where the player is a less experienced roleplayer or is younger.  These people tend to emphasize the fantasy in roleplaying, and as such play an extreme character both with the intention of getting lots of attention for their character and to be the the most 'something', whether it be most beautiful, or most intelligent, most charismatic, most powerful.  I think that experience dampens that a little bit and encourages players to make an effort to play more realistic characters both within their own gender and outside of it.
Mercan is offline   Reply With Quote