View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #21
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Games that already have everyone they want

Again, the sitting and listening thing doesn't work in games like what you describe here. There's always room for new players in theory (ever notice how cheap flash drives are these days? 512mb used to be $60), it's just that the story is so perfectly and neatly wrapped up with a bow that no one wants to unwrap it and put the batteries in. I know it's two months too late for a Christmas metaphor, but there you go.

I've played games where I've had to work into involvement and get somewhere in 2-3 real days; I've played games where I was pulled in right away; and I've played games where I'd sit around and do nothing but listen to remarks on the OOC channel and eventually get accused of not wanting to participate.

As an aside: I once played a game where absolutely nothing was ever going on in the game ever. The imms felt bad for me and on week two bent the new character application period so that I could make another character without having to wait the full month, and even then no one was doing anything. Strangest thing I ever saw.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote