View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #567
Emil

Emil is on a distinguished road
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

With all due respect, what made you an expert on what players regard as useful information?

I am a non-admin, and I happen to disagree with you. So do several other non-admin, it seems.

As a player only two things are really of interest to me:
1. Do I need to pay to access, or to advance in the game?
2. If payment is optional, does the money that other players pay give them substantial advantages over my own char if I choose not to pay?

I am a very competitive player. I couldn't care less if the admin are selling t-shirts from their website to pay for the server, as long as it doesn't affect my game.
I just don't like the idea of some mediocre twerp kicking my behind in a PvP fight, because he paid 999 $ for a load of practice sessions, or the Sword of Uber Coolness.

Others, I understand, would like exactly that, because they don't have enough free time or enough player skills or whatever to be competitive otherwise. That's fine by me. To each their choice.

The four-box option sums this up very adequately. We can all pick the type of game we like to play from it.

It's hard to understand why this "discussion" is still going on. There have been no new arguments for the last 10 pages or so, just the same old ones being rehashed and refuted repeatedly.
I's getting rather boring.

The only thing that still interests me is what movie Threshold is referring to, and what thas has to do with things.

Last edited by Emil : 10-02-2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Typo: wrote 'pay' instead of 'play'. Must be a Freudian slip.
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote