View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 02:28 PM   #36
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I have no problem at all calling it bribery.  But if it is not against the rules of the system then why is everyone complaining about it?  MUD A bribes players with experience to gain votes, MUD B puts up daily reminders for players to votes, MUD C does nothing except put the link up.  They all are doing what they believe is right within the system.  Does that give MUD C the right to call A and B cheaters because they use methods that they do not?  How is posting notes that encourage players to vote any different than offering exp for votes.  The experience bonus is completely contained within that mud's game.  If I put the ultimatium out to my players that if you do not vote for my mud you will be banned, is it the communities job to stop me from doing that, or is it my players desicion to put up with it or leave?
The point still stands that unless Synozeer changes the terms of service for the voting list, you can consider those types of tatics to be unethical, slimy, evil or whatever, but it is NOT cheating.