View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 01:42 PM   #79
Stroh

Stroh is on a distinguished road
I've been lurking and listening to this discussion for a while and wanted to throw in my 2 cents..

just to give a perspective on the 'rewards' that are give to players for donating.. in one hour last night on Aardwolf, I earned 67 quest points.. to get this many qp's from donating, I'd have to send in over 30 dollars..

I'm just trying to point out that any in game reward is really more of a token thank you than anything else.. When I donate to Aardwolf, I do it because I love the game and although I play rather sporadically, I'd hate to come back one day and find it missing, which is what happened last time I found a community I enjoyed.. As a player, I feel that if someone wants to send Aardwolf 100 bucks to get a reward that I can earn in about 3 hours of questing.. then thank god somebody's got that much money to burn.. their donation benefits the mud more than it does their character.

I understand your argument.. but by the time you get to MUD #3 or even MUD #2 in your argument, it'll be pretty obvious that it letter of the license is being broken rather than just the intent.

Garrodyn of Aardwolf