View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 08:00 AM   #74
Chansee

Chansee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chansee
Thumbs down

Sorry, I haven't read the latest replies written in here, but some people don't seem to understad why Aardwolf is recieving donations.

The reason for this, is to keep the MUD online, without the donators, Aardwolf wouldn't exist as a mud anymore, at least not as good as it is now, with several hundred people online and no lagging for example. Ok, the license seems to say that money must not be made in any possible way on the codebase.... But does it still apply if money is needed to keep the MUD alive and people playing on it wants to be able to continue doing that? Ok, Aardwolf's donator are given an in-game reward for donating, but that's nothing that non-donators can't get, as Lasher pointed out. And I don't think that the DIKU people even could imagine that something they made could, with some modification, grow so big, as to be forced to recieve money from it's voulenteer players to stay alive.

So please, leave us (Aardwolf) alone! I don't know if the person who started this did it because of jelaousy because somone else has a mud that is much more loved than its own, or whatever, but please don't **** up our loved MUD, AARDWOLF!!

//An addicted and patriotic player of Aarwolf